To know if a class counts for a degree at Foothill College, please make an appointment to meet with a counselor. For some courses, you’ll have to fill out a course substitution form found here: The current form requires a counselor signature. Their signature just means that a counselor saw you and helped you fill out the form. Once you filled out the form, you will take it to the respective Division. The Division dean gives the form to a faculty member to make a decision. Once the faculty member makes a decision, they sign the form, send it to the dean, who also signs the form. That signed form is sent to the Counseling Division evaluator who enters the decision in our system and mails you the hard copy. Please save that hard copy. You may need it when you petition for graduation.


To know if the class counts for transfer to the UC or CSU system, you can check on